Scythian Gold ‘V’ Jewel Necklace
Scythian Gold Triple ‘V’ Necklace – pattern
Featured in Beadwork, (Oct 2010)
This Triple ‘V’ takes on a “Scythian Gold” look thanks to gold-tone accents on a shimmering gold or platinum netted base. Start front and center to create the open diamond. Have fun with the playful arrangement of novel-cut beads. Once the base is ready, add gold crystals to further embellish the diamond and top.
V03- SG-p includes several photos of the open netted diamond embellishment.
includes a tip sheet “Finishing Touches” for Netting with color illustrations how to backweave old thread, start new thread and attach clasp.
Downloadable pattern $8.95
SUPPLY LIST for 20” collar:
- 13 – 6-7mm gold tone cubes
- 25 – 6mm gold toned round beads
- 65 – metallic 6° seed beads (4g) – for picot stacks around
- 100 – metallic accent 8° seed beads (4g) – along top edge of netted base
- 2000 – 10° Czech or 11° Japanese seed beads (20g)- base
- 20 – 4mm f/p crystals – embellishment on netted base
- clasp & ring
- beading needle
- beading thread or stringing material Fireline® 6lbs